Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Blog Topic #11

    After spending a good amount of time looking at maps, I found this one. I realized it is pretty hilarious. It makes fun of how ignorant or "dumb" people are. I will admit that I used to not know enough about other countries before my geography class. I think this map is actually pretty recent because Japan is marked as a radioactive area. You know, the earthquake just happened. Otherwise, the countries are only labeled to how important we think they are. South America: Cocaine & Coffee. Okay, Cocaine is not important to everyone, but coffee is very common. Middle East: Oil. We definitely need oil. I would also like to point out how Australia is labeled as "Big Island." I used to think Australia was just the Outback where Crocodile Dundee came from. They have so much more to offer. So do the other shapes that represent little compared to what they actually are I am glad I know much more about the world than I did four months ago because I might not make have to make a stupid assumption. I respect places that some people may know nothing about.

No comments:

Post a Comment